Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2015/02/01 05:54:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.0.0-incubating (release candidate 3)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite 1.0.0-incubating, release candidate 3.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

This is Calcite's first major release. The release adds:
* SQL support for GROUPING SETS, EXTEND, UPSERT and sequences;
* a remote JDBC driver;
* improvements to the planner engine and built-in planner rules;
* improvements to the algorithms that implement the relational
algebra, including an interpreter that can evaluate queries without
compilation;
* about 35 bug fixes.

Since the previous release we have re-organized the code into the
org.apache.calcite namespace; the release notes describe how to
migrate code that used the old APIs.

Since RC2 we have fixed issue CALCITE-582.

You can read the release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/blob/branch-1.0/doc/HISTORY.md

The commit to be voted upon:
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-calcite/commit/2dd83f21784c4366df84a3aaa62a8b7b0e36d443

Its hash is 2dd83f21784c4366df84a3aaa62a8b7b0e36d443.

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
http://people.apache.org/~jhyde/apache-calcite-1.0.0-incubating-rc3/

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
src.tar.gz.md5 cf64a9421c38959fec9b1802ae39dc66
src.tar.gz.sha1 e1c06d30622e9c16f738d09f1339d60d0388fc62
src.zip.md5 dd389c4c377647fd204a9a3ad83f199a
src.zip.sha1 5ff3b828cb4ea419afa393b7a9f11a294c682a49

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecalcite-1004

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jhyde.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Calcite 1.0.0-incubating.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of
at least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite 1.0.0-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Julian

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.0.0-incubating (release candidate 3)

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Success on Linux.

+1 on the release.

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
> single column -> return Object
> more than 1 column -> return Object[]

This is the intended behavior for 'queryable' table.
For Scannable/Projectable it is always Object[].

I would like to have more clear API for that, however I think it can wait
for 1.1.0 or so.

Vladimir

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.0.0-incubating (release candidate 3)

Posted by Chin Wei Low <lo...@gmail.com>.
I think I know why, my enumerator need to return an object, i.e. Integer
for single column result instead of array of Object. So,
single column -> return Object
more than 1 column -> return Object[]

Is this the intended behaviour?

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov <

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chin Wei Low <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com>.
Agreed. I needed to fix the bug and get a release out with the minimum
of disruption. There is an opportunity to do better as part of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-558. Please get involved
in that.

Julian

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
I tested the patch with Hive with HIVE-9454 applied and it fixed the
failures we were seeing.

+1 (non-binding)