Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jcplerm <jc...@ameritech.net> on 2003/09/16 18:51:52 UTC

Redirecting to map:resource defined in higher level sitemap

I am trying to do:

    <map:redirect-to resource="xxx"/>

from within a nested sitemap, where "xxx" is
defined as a map:resource in a higher level sitemap
like:

    <map:resource name="xxx">
    </map:resource>

I can invoke xxx without problems if it's defined in the same sitemap
in which the redirect is done. But not if the resource definition is
moved up the sitemap hierarchy.

Is this possible? How is the correct syntax to invoke
such a resource?

Thanks,

jlerm

Re: Redirecting to map:resource defined in higher level sitemap

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
jcplerm wrote:

> I am trying to do:
>
>     <map:redirect-to resource="xxx"/>
>
> from within a nested sitemap, where "xxx" is defined as a map:resource
> in a higher level sitemap like:
>
>     <map:resource name="xxx">
>     </map:resource>
>
> I can invoke xxx without problems if it's defined in the same sitemap
> in which the redirect is done. But not if the resource definition is
> moved up the sitemap hierarchy.
>
> Is this possible? How is the correct syntax to invoke such a resource?

It's not possible : contrarily to components defined in
<map:components>, resources are not inherited by subsitemaps.

Sylvain