Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Troy Poppe <tr...@usite.net> on 1999/08/14 05:05:25 UTC

Design tool

There was some talk earlier last week (or was it this week) about picking
a design tool for this project (and perhaps all of Jakarta).  Was anything
decided about this with regards to which tool we'd like to use and who was
going to try to contact the appropriate people?

Seems logical that this would be a good first step to getting things moving
(before code dumps).  I'm willing to contact any vendors about this if someone
can tell me which vendors and how many we need.

- Troy

Re: Design tool

Posted by James Todd <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
there was some talk of looking at TogetherJ. i've used it
before and while i liked many of it's features it just
didn't ?feel? right compared to vThought when it came to
pure designing. could be green pilot syndrome though.

regardless, i can go with either tool or another slick
shareWare tool. while i think having a shared design tool
is a nicety it sure would be coolto collaborate on the
diags just as readily as we can collaborate on the src.

hope this helps,

- james