Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dmitriy - <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/26 20:58:04 UTC

Re: webRTC wickedstuff question

Hello Tobias,
I have a question about webRTC api.

The webRTC's standards doesn't specify any protocol for signalling purposes
as I can see here - Why is signaling not defined by WebRTC
<http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/infrastructure/?redirect_from_locale=ru>
.

The wicket stuff webRTC's api force to use web-sockets and socket.io
library, and node.js, I haven't any question here. But, what if I want to
implement my own signal server on java?

I can read node.js server's code and I'm trying to hack the protocol via
console in chrome browser and the net sniffer - wireshark.
I receive some strange packets. One with "::1" message, second with "::5",
next with google stun address. I think Node.js hides some protocols details
from me.

Can you explain what protocol use the wicket stuff webRTC api for signal
server? And how can I use webRTC api for example create webRTC peer
connection, send offer, receive answer and etc?

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot for clarifications Tobias :)
> I hope we will finally move to WebRTC :)
> I will ask for help and/or will provide patches :)
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Tobias Soloschenko <
> tsoloschenko@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dmitry,
>>
>> I used SimpleWebRTC (https://simplewebrtc.com) to implement the video
>> conference and there are also some events that are handling file transfers
>> via data channel - have a look at https://simplewebrtc.com/filetransfer
>>
>> You have to check the version of SimpleWebRTC - there have been a lot of
>> updates since I implemented the Wicket integration, so we may need to
>> update the lib first.
>>
>> If you want to send the file that has been transfered from one browser to
>> the others via the fileTransfer event back to the server you can make a
>> wicket ajax request. I implemented such a request in the summernote editor:
>>

>> https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/blob/master/bootstrap-extensions/src/main/java/de/agilecoders/wicket/extensions/markup/html/bootstrap/editor/js/summernote_init.js#L31
>>
>> You need at least a signal server which is implemeted in nodejs and a
>> STUN server so that data transfers can be initiated from behind your NAT -
>> a documentation can be found here:
>>

>> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki/Html5#webrtc-api-wicketstuff-700-m6
>>
>> The example project of wicketstuff-html5 show you a demo:
>>

>> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/wicket-html5-parent/wicket-html5-examples
>>
>> kind regards
>>
>> Tobias
>>
>> Am 24.03.16 um 17:01 schrieb Dmitriy -:
>>
>> Hello Tobias.
>> Thank for the library!
>>
>> I have a question about it.
>> I write server and want use webRTC datachannel.
>>
>> What exactly do I have to implement for using it?
>> I mean some protocols like a STUN/TURN/ICE or something else.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Dmitry Bezheckov.
>>

> --