Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeffrey Beckstrom <JB...@gcrta.org> on 2001/12/06 19:49:17 UTC

unc patching from W2k to Novell file server

I have weird problem I have just about given up with.

I configured the httpd.conf file with an alias pointing to a Novell server.

If I run apache from a W2K window, it works great.  It can access URLs on Novell with no problem.

However, If I go into services and set apache to run as the EXACT same user and start the service.  Then I get errors trying to access the URL, i.e. can not be found.

Note that this the service is running as the SAME user.

On a lark, I created a second alias that points to another NT.  This works even as a service so it appears to be due to accessing Novell.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
(216) 781-4204