Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2002/10/29 21:17:20 UTC

[OT] Patch in Windows

Hi, I tried to e-mail Andrew Evers personally but got an unknown user
error.  Please forgive the OT post.

Does anyone know a way to apply a unidiff patch on
Windows?  It's a pain to transfer everything to my linux machine, apply
the patch, and transfer it back.

--ryan

Re: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Daniel Rall wrote:

>Ryan, have you tried Cygwin <http://cygwin.com/>?

*sigh* I've been putting off cygwin for about 2 years now.  For some
reason I always had the impression it was a bear to install and use.  Oh
well, it's 52% installed and counting.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Re: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Andrew, your from address is showing as Andrew Evers <ae...@redwood.nl>
and I get an Unknown user error.

--ryan

PS zip would be great!

Re: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

RE: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
A port of patch and some other stuff, most remarkable is probably "ln", is available here, http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ I don't know where else.

However I find that Eclipse "www.eclipse.org" is much easier to use for applying and creating patches than patch and cvs, particularly the kind that people send to these lists where there can be a number of patches, and they need their paths munging before they can be applied.

RE: [OT] Patch in Windows

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.