Posted to users@camel.apache.org by stpdave <da...@stpenable.com> on 2007/09/02 16:35:34 UTC

A few problems with "Walk through an Example Code"

Hi,

Trying to embed Camel into my web application. Therefore need to understand
Camel, so followed "Walk through an Example Code" and found a few
inconsistencies. I think I have worked through them but worth noting so
someone can clarify in the walkthrough.

In the "What happens ?" section you mention CamelClient for the first time.
The example code above this section it actually uses the CamelTemplate to
send messages to Camel. The former class looks like a cut down version of
the latter.

A few other little typos that might make it harder for those with English as
a second language
....events into directly into Camel....      should be  ....events directly
into Camel....
....really nice an easy way.... should be ....really nice easy way....

Another thing I found a little confusing is you have 3 ways to configure
Camel, and you try to cover all 3 in each page. I know the examples code
demonstrates the different methods, but 3 different pages each using one of
URI, Java or Spring config would help.

Thx.

David

Re: A few problems with "Walk through an Example Code"

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 9/2/07, stpdave <da...@stpenable.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to embed Camel into my web application. Therefore need to understand
> Camel, so followed "Walk through an Example Code" and found a few
> inconsistencies. I think I have worked through them but worth noting so
> someone can clarify in the walkthrough.
>
> In the "What happens ?" section you mention CamelClient for the first time.
> The example code above this section it actually uses the CamelTemplate to
> send messages to Camel. The former class looks like a cut down version of
> the latter.

Yeah, I refactored CamelClient -> CamelTemplate a while ago and we
missed this spot in the wiki. Its now updated...

> A few other little typos that might make it harder for those with English as
> a second language
> ....events into directly into Camel....      should be  ....events directly
> into Camel....
> ....really nice an easy way.... should be ....really nice easy way....

fixed...
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/walk-through-an-example.html

> Another thing I found a little confusing is you have 3 ways to configure
> Camel, and you try to cover all 3 in each page. I know the examples code
> demonstrates the different methods, but 3 different pages each using one of
> URI, Java or Spring config would help.

Good idea.

In some ways some of the examples have tried to focus on different
approaches; am sure we could refactor the wiki to make that easier to
grok.

BTW the website is a wiki that folks can edit...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/how-do-i-edit-the-website.html

and we really love contributions!
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/contributing.html

so feel free to hack the wiki to help fix up any typos or try explain
things better etc. (You just need to let us know your username so we
can give you edit karma on the wiki - as its currently not open to all
registered users as we were getting wiki spam)

--
James
-------