Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Jeremy Nelson <je...@digitalminion.com> on 2020/01/16 01:46:39 UTC

Improving conformance with Apache Podling expectations

Hello, everyone:

There is a resource available to us, called "clutch", which is an automated
tool that Apache uses to determine podling's conformance with Apache
incubation expectations

http://incubator.apache.org/clutch/spot.html

This tool points out a number of ways that Spot falls short of
expectations, and they look like they should be pretty straightforward to
address.

If we divide up these tasks, we can show Apache that we are serious about
conforming to their expectations of our work and progress, and that we want
to continue taking steps forward.

Jeremy

Re: Improving conformance with Apache Podling expectations

Posted by Austin Leahy <Au...@digitalminion.com>.
I believe I am now subscribed to all the lists now but I'm not totally sure
how to check

Posted by Uma gangumalla <um...@apache.org>.
I can access it.

Posted by Austin Leahy <le...@apache.org>.
Hey Justin I believe that I tad and I are subscribed now did we do
something wrong? can you specifically send links to the lists we are
talking about here

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
HI,

These are the people not subscribed:
Ashrith Mekala
Austin Leahy
Brandon Edwards
Everardo Lopez Sandoval
Gustavo Lujan
Morris Hicks
Nathan L Segerlind
Sai Ganji
Srinivas
Sudarshan Rao
Tadd Wood
Vartika Singh
Victor Gonzalez

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Improving conformance with Apache Podling expectations

Posted by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org>.
Justin,

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> What's strange is that if I click on Austin's user (as an example) it
> doesn't show he's subscribed to any of the lists which doesn't make any
> sense given that he's obviously on the dev list.

I think you can only see your own subscriptions.

> When I click on my user though I see that I'm a
> part of dev and committers, which makes sense but I'm also pretty sure I've
> used the private list in the past as well.

You can be in LDAP as a committer our PPMC members but not signed up to the mailing list. You are not signed up to the private mailing list.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Improving conformance with Apache Podling expectations

Posted by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org>.
Justin,

I see this note on the PPMC guide (
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html):

The mentors should verify that all PPMC members are subscribed to the
private list. The Whimsy Podling Roster
<https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/> shows who is subscribed, and any
subscriber can send a "ping - please reply" message to check who is
actually "listening" to the PPMC list.

What's strange is that if I click on Austin's user (as an example) it
doesn't show he's subscribed to any of the lists which doesn't make any
sense given that he's obviously on the dev list.  Any idea why there would
be an inconsistency here?  When I click on my user though I see that I'm a

Posted by Austin Leahy <au...@digitalminion.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,