Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "José J. Rodriguez" <jo...@cenpalab.cu> on 2018/08/21 13:10:27 UTC

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: NB 9 release still won't find updates or plugins.

Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> Can you read this, please:
> https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/what-s-happened-to-my
>
> You will read about using this plugin portal:
> http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/8.2/uc/final/distribution/catalog.xml.gz

Sorry it took so long to get back.

Geertjan, I read the original message regarding the plugin repos back
when it was sent to the list, but that is not my issue. The thing is,
the Apache Netbeans updates and plugin repos do have some content and I
can download the catalog files just fine over a browser, but Netbeans
always fails to do so.

For reference, I am wondering if everybody here connects directly, or do
the updates and plugins repos work for anybody else using a proxy like me?

FWIW, the old netbeans repos have the same problem for me, with the
added complexity that I have to access them over tor, since they are
blocked from my country.

Regards,
Joe1962