Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/23 23:14:47 UTC

wicket atmosphere broadcast to all except for orign page

I  am trying to use wicket atmosphere,   I want  to broadcast msg for all the
resources except  for the  one  which  broadcasted  the msg, please advice
how to exclude   a  resource .

In a  page on click of a link I call Event.get().post  and this same page
has  a  public method with @org.apache.wicket.atmosphere.Subscribe
annotation ,this method gets called  when  msg is broadcasted.  I want to
broadcast msg to  all other sessions except  for  current session which
broadcasted , please advice.

Re: wicket atmosphere broadcast to all except for orign page

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
The @Subscribe annotation has 2 filter options. In this case, I would go for
the first: 'filter()'. The Predicate type you need to specify gets an
AtmosphereEvent, where the payload is set to the object you are broadcasted.
If you change this object to a little more than just a message, you can add
the UUID from AtmosphereBehavior.getUUID(page) to this event. In the Predicate
you can now check this UUID agains event.getResource().uuid(). If these match,
you know the message is sent to the page that triggered the event and needs to
be skipped (let the predicate return false).

Best regards,
Emond