Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Patrick Pekczynski <pe...@googlemail.com> on 2011/01/16 14:57:41 UTC

Solr 1.4.1 and carrot2 clustering

Dear all,

I really enjoy using Solr so far. During the last days I tried to activate the ClusteringComponent in Solr as indicated here

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent

and copied all the relevant java libraries in the WEB-INF/lib folder of my tomcat installation of Solr.

But everytime I try to issue a request to my Solr server using

http://localhost:9005/apache-solr-1.4.1/job0/select?q=*:*&fl=title,score,url&start=0&rows=100&indent=on&clustering=true

I get the following error message:

  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: bak/pcj/set/IntSet
         at org.carrot2.text.preprocessing.PreprocessingPipeline.<init>(PreprocessingPipeline.java:47)
         at org.carrot2.clustering.lingo.LingoClusteringAlgorithm.<init>(LingoClusteringAlgorithm.java:108)
         at org.carrot2.util.pool.SoftUnboundedPool.borrowObject(SoftUnboundedPool.java:114)
         at org.carrot2.core.CachingController.borrowProcessingComponent(CachingController.java:329)

Hence I have downloaded the corresponding pcj-1.2.jar providing the interface "bak.pcj.set.IntSet" and I have also put it in the WEB-INF/lib folder

But I still keep getting this error message though the corresponding interface MUST be on the classpath now.

Can anyone help me out with this one? I'm really eager to give this clustering extension a try from within Solr using the 1.4.1 version that I have already
running on my server.

Thanks for a brief feedback.

Best regards,

Patrick

Re: Solr 1.4.1 and carrot2 clustering

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Patrick,

I went to http://search-lucene.com/solr and searched for: pcj

Hit # 2 shows this response:
  http://search-lucene.com/m/SUTgW1ELRsZ

Note where pcj & friends should be placed.  I hope this fixes the problem.

Otis
----