Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by J H <do...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/08 16:56:18 UTC

Newbie Authentication Questions

Hello all,

I'm having a very difficult time understanding how to use authentication
with the webdav/slide api.  If anyone has ANY code they wouldn't mind
sharing, it would be greatly appreciated!!!  Or even a javadoc for the
client in cvs.  What I'm trying to do is connect to my webdav server with
digest authentication...but I have created one with basic authentication as
well that I can not connect to with the api.  I am however able to connect
to these servers with different applications and simple code I have written
which uses http-commons directly, so I know they are working.

THANKS!
--Jeff

Re: Newbie Authentication Questions

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
In my understanding it should not matter if you use digest or basic
authentication as these are handled transparently by httpclient.

How about posting your code that uses httpclient directly?

Ingo