Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2022/03/07 17:24:51 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release

Hi guys,

*Finally*, after several weeks waiting, I'm pleased to submit Apache
ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release to your vote.

This release is an important milestone in ActiveMQ roadmap, including 200
issues, especially:
- support Spring 5.x
- support log4j 2.x (2.17.1)
- JDK 11+ support for both build and runtime
- remove of activemq-camel component (replaced by camel-activemq and
camel-jms components)
- remove leveldb
- tons of fixes and dependency updates

Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12346476

Maven Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1247/

Dist Staging Repository:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.17.0/

Git tag: activemq-5.17.0

Please vote to approve this release:
[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks !
Regards
JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1, Everything looks good.

I went through all the test failures and there are no issues that require
cancelling the vote (just some problems with a couple tests themselves,
flaky tests, and one spec jar problem that is an optional jar that only
affects tests so that can be fixed in 5.17.1 or 5.18.0).

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified broken tests in CI were not an issue
* Check source licenses using apache rat
* Built from source and ran through more tests
* Ran through a custom test suite
* Ran a broker from the binary package

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
JB,

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

due to AMQ-8533, I cancel this vote to prepare a new take.

The new take will include geronimo jar update and fix for AMQ-8533.
I will submit the release to vote tomorrow morning (my time).

Regards
JB

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
+1

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
activemq-jms-pool also appears to be shaded. I didn't notice any other jars
but those 2 but we should double check them all i guess

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
-1

due to the issue we found with Chris. I'm preparing a PR.
I gonna send another email to cancel this vote and prepare a new one.

Regards
JB

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 8:17 PM Christopher Shannon <

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "francois.papon" <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1 (non-binding)Tested with some internal projects.Thanks JB!regardsFrançois
-------- Message d'origine --------De : Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> Date : 07/03/2022  18:25  (GMT+01:00) À : dev@activemq.apache.org Objet : [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release Hi guys,*Finally*, after several weeks waiting, I'm pleased to submit ApacheActiveMQ 5.17.0 release to your vote.This release is an important milestone in ActiveMQ roadmap, including 200issues, especially:- support Spring 5.x- support log4j 2.x (2.17.1)- JDK 11+ support for both build and runtime- remove of activemq-camel component (replaced by camel-activemq andcamel-jms components)- remove leveldb- tons of fixes and dependency updatesPlease take a look on the Release Notes for details:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12346476Maven Staging Repository:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1247/Dist Staging Repository:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.17.0/Git tag: activemq-5.17.0Please vote to approve this release:[ ] +1 Approve the release[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.Thanks !RegardsJB