Posted to xbean-dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/12/02 18:12:17 UTC

xbean 3.5 release?

As many of you already know from the Geronimo dev list - we're looking to
release Geronimo 2.2 by mid January.  However, we need a number of snapshots
released prior to that and xBean trunk (3.5-SNAPSHOT) is among them for
xbean-finder, xbean-naming, and xbean-reflect.  Any possibility we could get
an xBean 3.5 release within the next few weeks?

Thanks,
Joe

Re: xbean 3.5 release?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 23, 2009, at 7:04 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Thanks for the response Jacek.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll go ahead and create a release candidate now.
> However, I am sensitive to the fact that I have not been contributing
> directly to this subproject ... so if somebody would rather do the
> release
> instead of me then please, don't be shy and speak up.
>
> In the event that nobody objects; I have some questions:
> It appears the the maven release process has been used in the past to
> release directly from trunk without creating a branch.   Is that
> correct?
> I also notice that there is no dependency on genesis and comments to
> the
> effect that this is desired.  So, I will keep things as-is.
>
> Also, as the current snapshot is 3.5-SNAPSHOT the new release will
> be 3.5.
> I assume this is desired.  I ask because I noticed that the previous
> three
> releases were 3.4.x and I don't personally know if the changes that
> have
> been integrated are considered sufficient to bump the release to 3.5.
>
> Anything else that I should be aware of?

I don't recall if I fixed this and it isn't really essential for a
release but we should make sure unique snapshots are turned off to not
clutter up apache snapshots repo.

I'd go for 3.5.

thanks
david jencks

Re: xbean 3.5 release?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Re: xbean 3.5 release?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: xbean 3.5 release?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Re: xbean 3.5 release?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: xbean 3.5 release?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
So can somebody push a release for 3.5?  Are there active issues that need to
be resolved prior to a 3.5 release (I've seen some Geronimo JIRAs that might
be xbean issues)?

If nobody volunteers to push a 3.5 release I guess that I could do it given
that I am a committer on Geronimo.  However, it seems inappropriate given
that I haven't been contributing to xbean directly .... but I'll do it if
you want me to (or if nobody else volunteers).   We need to get this going
ASAP for our Geronimo 2.2 plans.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: xbean 3.5 release?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> As many of you already know from the Geronimo dev list - we're looking to
> release Geronimo 2.2 by mid January.  However, we need a number of snapshots
> released prior to that and xBean trunk (3.5-SNAPSHOT) is among them for
> xbean-finder, xbean-naming, and xbean-reflect.  Any possibility we could get
> an xBean 3.5 release within the next few weeks?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet