Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> on 2012/08/06 23:24:25 UTC

transform submodules to dependencies

I am using shade plugin to make hadoop JOB file. As i understands it,
shade plugin works on its dependencies.
In project i have several groups of artifacts. Group has one master POM
and lot of modules of type JAR.

Can i do something to depend on master pom and it will include all its
modules?

Re: transform submodules to dependencies

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
> Add another artifact, call it blah, and make it depend on module1,
> module2, module1-2, module2-2 etc. Then depend on blah in the module
> that uses shade plugin.
i packaged entire trees using assembly plugin into jar and then merged
these jars by shade plugin.

Re: transform submodules to dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> master pom
>    module with shade plugin
>    sub tree pom1
>         module1
>         module2
>    sub tree pom2
>         module1-2
>         module2-2
>
> i need something to do, that i will make shade depends on pom1 and pom2 and
> then all modules it their trees will gets included.

Add another artifact, call it blah, and make it depend on module1,
module2, module1-2, module2-2 etc. Then depend on blah in the module
that uses shade plugin. I have no other suggestions if this will not
work for some reason.

Wayne

Re: transform submodules to dependencies

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
Dne 6.8.2012 23:34, Wayne Fay napsal(a):
>> In project i have several groups of artifacts. Group has one master POM and
>> lot of modules of type JAR.
>>
>> Can i do something to depend on master pom and it will include all its
>> modules?
i have tree like this:

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> In project i have several groups of artifacts. Group has one master POM and
> lot of modules of type JAR.
>
> Can i do something to depend on master pom and it will include all its
> modules?

Do you have dependencies between the various artifacts eg:
Master POM
modules A, B [dependency to A], C [dep to B], D [dep to C]...
plus this artifact you are talking about which we will call E and I
assume it is a module under Master POM as well
??

If so, you can just depend on D and it should bring the other modules
in transitively.

Wayne