Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/24 15:43:21 UTC

[Rng] PractRand

Has this testing suite been investigated:

PractRand

http://pracrand.sourceforge.net/ <http://pracrand.sourceforge.net/>

It may provide a useful alternative to Dieharder or TestU01. I supports direct calls to the test suite using an API or piped data from stdin.

Alex

Re: [Rng] PractRand

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.
On 25/03/2019 11:34, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> JIRA report created:
>      https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/RNG/issues/RNG-86

This should be easy to run with the new command-line application for
stress testing. It accepts stdin so can be run without modification as
per dieharder.

Alex

Re: [Rng] PractRand

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
JIRA report created:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/RNG/issues/RNG-86

Re: [Rng] PractRand

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Le dim. 24 mars 2019 à 16:55, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Has this testing suite been investigated:
>
> PractRand
>
> http://pracrand.sourceforge.net/ <http://pracrand.sourceforge.net/>

I didn't know about it, until coming across from the "Middle-square
Weyl PRNG" page.

> It may provide a useful alternative to Dieharder or TestU01. I supports direct calls to the test suite using an API or piped data from stdin.

Sure; it would be nice to expand the "quality" table of the userguide.
[And IIUC there are RNG implementations which we could add to
the ports list.]

Regards,
Gilles