Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2019/09/23 10:33:45 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Separate Hadoop Core trunk and Hadoop Ozone trunk source tree [discussion -> lazy vote]

 > Do you see a Submarine like split-also-into-a-TLP for Ozone? If not
now, sometime further down the line?

Good question, and I don't know what is the best answer right now. It's
definitely an option, But Submarine move hasn't been finished, so it's
not yet possible to learn form the experiences (which can be a usefull
input for the decision).

I think it's a bigger/more important question and I would prefer to
start a new thread about it.

 >  If so, why not do both at the same time?

That's an easier question: I think the repo separation is an easier
step, with immediate benefits, therefore I would prefer to do it as soon
as possible.

Moving to a separated TLP may take months (discussion, vote, proposal,
board approval, etc.). While this code organization step can be done
easily after the 0.4.1 Ozone release (which is very close, I hope).

As it should be done anyway (with or without separated TLP) I propose to
do it after the next Ozone release (in the next 1-2 weeks).

As the overall feedback was positive (in fact many of the answers were
simple +1 votes) I don't think the thread should be repeated under
[VOTE] subject. Therefore I call it for a lazy consensus. If you have
any objections (against doing the repo separation now or doing it at
all) please express in the next 3 days...

Thanks a lot,
Marton

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Sure. Will do it that way.