Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/12/21 11:09:04 UTC

[id] Gump build failure

Hi,

if you look into the CLASSPATH set by Gump, you'll see that ant.jar is
present.  But still javac doesn't find the Ant packages.

I think this happens because Gump uses Maven to build id and
project.xml doesn't include a dependency on Ant - so Maven ignores
ant.jar.

Would you prefer Gump to use the Ant build file?

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: [id] Gump build failure

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> This isn't just in gump: maven java:compile fails in CVS.

That's what I expected, but didn't check since I don't have Maven
installed.

I assumed that whoever worked on [id] was using Ant and thus was
likely to forget changing the project.xml - that's why I asked whether
Gump should be using the Ant build instead.

> It strikes me that the project.xml file should declare an ant
> dependency. I've added it

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: [id] Gump build failure

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> This isn't just in gump: maven java:compile fails in CVS.
>
> It strikes me that the project.xml file should declare an ant
> dependency. I've added it - if this was out of line, please feel free to
> roll it back.

Yes, we need the dependency -- there was a custom Ant task recently
added to o.a.c.id.uuid that uses the Ant API.  Thanks, Brett!

Phil

Re: [id] Gump build failure

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.