Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/10 22:44:34 UTC

CloudStack and Windows 2008 R2 SCSI Disk Controller issue

CloudStack/CloudPlatform 4.3 defaults to LSI Logic Parallel and we need
to use LSI Logic SAS when windows VMs are created.

Would anyone know if there is a way to override the controller through
vm_details table and preset the controller to use there?

Right now it takes the options of scsi and ide, i've tried changing it
to osdefault (which should have addressed the issue, but it appears we
are still defaulting to LSI Logic Parallel)

osdefault for Windows 2008 R2 ESXi 5.1+ should be set to LSI Logic Parallel

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
ilya

RE: CloudStack and Windows 2008 R2 SCSI Disk Controller issue

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
Try UserVmManagerImpl.java and VmwareResource.java.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
As per dev team from citrix, to get this to work:

change rootDiskController to osdefault - when importing the template and
bump up windows version to 2012 (while running 2008R2 guest).

cloudmonkey example:

 > register template format=ova hypervisor=vmware
url=http://somehost.com/windows/2008R2_Sysprep-v6.ova  ispublic=true
isfeatured=true passwordenabled=false
details[0].rootDiskController=osdefault details[0].nicAdapter=E1000
details[0].keyboard=us details[0].keyboard.typematicMindelay=2000000
ostypeid=168 zoneid=-1  displaytext=Windows-2008-R2-v6
name=Windows-2008-R2-v6

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

--
Erik

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Erik

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
edit:

osdefault for Windows 2008 R2 ESXi 5.1+ should be set to LSI Logic SAS or lsisas1068