Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2002/06/13 12:24:51 UTC

Status line problems...

Folks, I don't really get this one... Maybe someone can enlighten me. Stefan
is using mod_webapp on HP_UX, with Apache 1.3.23.

WebApp sets the status line in the request_rec structure, doing something
like:

  if (status !=NULL && status[0]!='\0')
        req->status_line=apr_pstrdup(req->pool,status);

Now, it happens that when that line is in place, oddly enough, the response
seen by the client instead of being

  HTTP/1.1 XXX My Message Goes Here

comes out as

  HTTP/1.1 My Message Goes Here

basically dropping the status error code... I can't reproduce this locally,
but it seems to be happening on HP-UX. Is anyone aware of a bug like this?

If we don't set request_rec->status_line, everything seems to work pretty
well...

If you have any hint let me (and Stefan, on CC) know, it's a week we're
trying to sort this out! :) :) :)

Thanks!

    Pier

Re: Status line problems...

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Justin Erenkrantz" <je...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 11:24:51AM +0100, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> Folks, I don't really get this one... Maybe someone can enlighten me. Stefan
>> is using mod_webapp on HP_UX, with Apache 1.3.23.
>>
>> WebApp sets the status line in the request_rec structure, doing something
>> like:
>>
>>   if (status !=NULL && status[0]!='\0')
>>         req->status_line=apr_pstrdup(req->pool,status);
>>
>> Now, it happens that when that line is in place, oddly enough, the response
>> seen by the client instead of being
>>
>>   HTTP/1.1 XXX My Message Goes Here
>>
>> comes out as
>>
>>   HTTP/1.1 My Message Goes Here
>
> What is status (your string) in this case?

It would be "My Message Goes Here"....

> The status_line field should contain the code as well as the text
> message.  The r->status field isn't automatically prepended to
> the status_line.  -- justin

Awwww FU*KME! :( I wasn't able to reproduce it because I wasn't setting the
status line on darn Tomcat... Folks I _AM_ stupid...

Justin, go to bed! :)

    Pier

Re: Status line problems...

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.