Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com> on 2006/11/02 20:11:00 UTC

Nightly windows testing

Greetings all.

I have started testing of the nightly code pulls on Windows, and I have
a few notes about it.

The platform/compiler combinations being tested are as follows:
Windows 2000 (x86)   - 32 bit ICC 9.0
Windows 2000 (x86)   - 32 bit MSVC 7.1
Windows XP (x86)     - 32 bit ICC 9.0
Windows XP (x86)     - 32 bit MSVC 7.1
Windows XP (x86)     - 32 bit MSVC 8.0
Windows XP (EM64T)   - 64 bit MSVC 8.0
Windows 2003 (x86)   - 32 bit ICC 9.0
Windows 2003 (x86)   - 32 bit MSVC 7.1
Windows 2003 (x86)   - 32 bit MSVC 8.0
Windows 2003 (EM64T) - 64 bit MSVC 8.0

The initial builds with ICC 9.0 will likely fail due to a
bug in the scripts used to perform the automated testing.  The bug has
been fixed, but the testing archives haven't been rebuilt.

For the near future, all windows builds that complete will be reported
to have a state of 'DATA' (Incomplete Data).  This is because the
locales aren't currently being tested, resulting in a 0 for the fail rate.

To resolve this, changes will likely be needed to both the nightly
testing scripts and the stdcxx windows infrastructure.  (In particular,
it doesn't appear that the output from the locale testing is processed
in any manner, and the locale tests are run without the encapsulation of
the exec utility as they are on UNIX.)

--Andrew Black