Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> on 2009/09/17 09:31:27 UTC

Moving Repository

Hey,

I have a very large repository and would like to keep it (not start
over). Though, I would like to move it to a more "official" location
on my PC.

I am planning to install a repository manager next week, but I still
want my local repository in a better place. This is mostly so I can
reference the JARs in there in non-maven projects. Can I just rename
it and change my maven settings, or is there anything else?

--
Quintin Beukes

Re: Moving Repository

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.
Yes. That's what I wanted to confirm. Thanks.

--
Quintin Beukes

Re: Moving Repository

Posted by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com>.
your local repository is _~/.m2/repository/_, while the file
_~/.m2/settings.xml_ is user specific maven settings

you will want to move the repository, while you won't want to move the
settings, and you can configure the settings to point at the new repository
location

or did I misunderstand you?

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>wrote:

> It's ~/.m2/repository I want to move. So I'm asking if it's save to
> move the existing directory away, or does it have metadata somewhere
> that fixes it in place, meaning a new location would have to start
> from scratch (I'm referring to the possibility of having absolute
> paths perhaps?).
>
> I just want to be sure, in case I corrupt it and have to start over.

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com> wrote:
> > yep, you can edit your ~/.m2/settings.xml to point the local maven repo
> > any FS place.
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey,
> >>
> >> I have a very large repository and would like to keep it (not start
> >> over). Though, I would like to move it to a more "official" location
> >> on my PC.
> >>
> >> I am planning to install a repository manager next week, but I still
> >> want my local repository in a better place. This is mostly so I can
> >> reference the JARs in there in non-maven projects. Can I just rename
> >> it and change my maven settings, or is there anything else?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Quintin Beukes

> > --
> > - juven
> >

> --
> Quintin Beukes

- juven

Re: Moving Repository

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.

--
Quintin Beukes

Re: Moving Repository

Posted by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com>.
yep, you can edit your ~/.m2/settings.xml to point the local maven repo to
any FS place.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a very large repository and would like to keep it (not start
> over). Though, I would like to move it to a more "official" location
> on my PC.
>
> I am planning to install a repository manager next week, but I still
> want my local repository in a better place. This is mostly so I can
> reference the JARs in there in non-maven projects. Can I just rename
> it and change my maven settings, or is there anything else?
>
> --
> Quintin Beukes

- juven