Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by movie frick <li...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/27 18:55:17 UTC

problem at passing parameters to xsp

Hi,
Ihave apache 1.3.20, tomcat 3.2.2 and cocoon2. I have an xsp called
login.xsp and I want to pass some parameters from a form. In the sitemap
I've written:

<map:match pattern="xsp/*">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/{1}.xsp"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

so that everything that is called from the xsp directory to be treated as
xsp.
However when I'm sending a GET or POST request from the form,
I get that the page doesn't exist
but when I call the page directly from the browser it's OK.
I can't understand what's wrong. Can anybody help me?

Re: problem at passing parameters to xsp

Posted by Udi Weinsberg <ud...@tochna.technion.ac.il>.
You are probably submitting the form to an incorrect location!
Please send the html of your form submit action. Remeber that if you
matched the pattern to xsp/*, you must submit to the proper location,
meaning xsp/my_result_page.xsp

Take notice that the form may submit to a different location than the
browser (according to the location of the files) and thus you should pay
attention to the exact calling location, and the relative location of the
target file (relative to the currect file, that is).

If you can't do it yourself (and your should be able, it's just a matter
of playing with the directories) then submit more files so we can see the
exact problem.

Udi.