Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/11/03 19:36:35 UTC

Re: Text layout bug

> Hi everyone:
>
> I have been looking into the text layout bug ("small text poorly laid
> out")

me too. I'm currently trying to find the bug. The regression appeared between
26 and 27 I think.

You can checkout :
cvs checkout -D 2000/10/26 xml-batik
and cvs checkout -D 2000/10/27 xml-batik

and see.

I have generated the diff

cvs diff -D 2000/10/26  -D 2000/10/27

I hope to find the bug soon.
Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann
email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/

Re: Text layout bug

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
Thierry Kormann wrote:

> > Hi everyone:
> >
> > I have been looking into the text layout bug ("small text poorly laid
> > out")
>
> me too. I'm currently trying to find the bug. The regression appeared between
> 26 and 27 I think.
>
> You can checkout :
> cvs checkout -D 2000/10/26 xml-batik
> and cvs checkout -D 2000/10/27 xml-batik
>
> I hope to find the bug soon.
> Thierry.

Thierry:

Let's be careful not to duplicate too much effort - what is it that you
propose to check?  I can go into gory detail about what I have already
tested,
etc. and perhaps save you some time.

Have you confirmed that the above diff captures the bug (i.e. that
it's present in the first checkout and not the second) ?

-Bill

speaking of bugs...

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
I am working on the stop-loading bug.  It seems that the ViewerFrame is
calling
thread.stop(), which is a no-no.

I have a partial fix but am waiting to get it right before a commit.
I think we have some thread-safety issues lurking in here :-|

-Bill