Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/04/29 14:20:08 UTC

Failure when upgrading from 2.0.5-incubator to CXF 2.1

My application uses 2.0.5-incubator. I'm trying to upgrade to the recent 2.1
release, using jrockit 6.0

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this
RI (from jar:file:/D:/platina/maven2/reposi
tory/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.1.6/jaxb-impl-2.1.6.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
needs 2.1
API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in the
bootstrap classloader. (See http://java.sun.com/j
2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)

OK for the classloader explanation - I had the same issue with metro - but
having to change my endorsed directory is NOT an option : my CI server and
target environment are shared with other applications, with no option to
change the JRE.

Could you consider using the same workaround used by metro (
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2007/02/howitworks_runn.html)
to avoid this ?

Nico.