Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lore <lo...@consulenti.csi.it> on 2006/08/09 16:21:47 UTC

Problem with changelog report

Hi!
I'm trying to generate the changelog report but I've some problems.
First I tryed to use the plugin in the last released version:
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>

but there were problems in the urls pointing to the files in the Subversion
repository. Many of our repositories have repeated words in their url (ex.:
http://svn_url/.../prod_name/prod_name/...)  and those repetition went lost
(ex.: http://svn_url/.../prod_name/...).

Then I've modified the pom to use the snapshot of the plugin refactored:
        <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

and now the timestamps are wrong and look like this:
        0020-05-27 00:00:00

Thanks a lot in advance!
                             Lorenzo

P.S.: Sorry for my English

Re: Problem with changelog report

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
lore wrote:

> dennisl-2 wrote:
>> lore wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> I'm trying to generate the changelog report but I've some problems.
>>> First I tryed to use the plugin in the last released version:
>>>         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>>         <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>>
>>> but there were problems in the urls pointing to the files in the
>>> Subversion
>>> repository. Many of our repositories have repeated words in their url
>>> (ex.:
>>> http://svn_url/.../prod_name/prod_name/...)  and those repetition went
>>> lost
>>> (ex.: http://svn_url/.../prod_name/...).
>>>
>>> Then I've modified the pom to use the snapshot of the plugin refactored:
>>>         <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>         <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
>>>         <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>>
>>> and now the timestamps are wrong and look like this:
>>>         0020-05-27 00:00:00
>> Do the timestamps make any sense at all to you? I'm trying to find out
>> if it's a formating issue or an SCM issue.
>>
>> Was the file with the above timestamp changed on the 27 of May in, well
>> some year?
>>

> No, they don't make sense, but the report, except for the timestamps, is
> correct.
> I've downloaded the sources of the changelog plugin to add some log inside
> the generateChangeSetsFromSCM method of the ChangeLogReport Class and it
> seems to be an SCM issue. When I print the ChangeLogScmResult returned by
> provider.changeLog() I find ChangeSets with  attributes like these:
>        [INFO] set.getDate:
>        Fri Dec 26 00:00:00 CET 0032
>        [INFO] set.getDateFormatted():
>        0032-12-26
>        [INFO] set.getTimeFormatted():
>       00:00:00

OK then, I'd suggest adding an issue for it in JIRA:
   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM

But please check the open issues for the maven-scm-provider-perforce
components first.

SCM-165 looks like it could be what you're experiencing.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Problem with changelog report

Posted by lore <lo...@consulenti.csi.it>.

Posted by lore <lo...@consulenti.csi.it>.
No.. the timestamp doesn't have any sense.
The file with this timestamp: 0020-05-27 00:00:00
was changed the 14 december 2005 at 11.48.50.
However the report, except for timestamps and urls, which terminate at trunk
(http://subversion_url/../prod_name/prod_name/trunk), seems to be correct
for the range selected.

Thank you for you attention!
                                 Lorenzo