Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/30 06:51:16 UTC

Mentor commitment check?

Since we have some new proposals in flight, I was wondering about
finding some polite way to ask proposed champions and mentors about
their level of time commitment. Obviously, no one can see the future,
but it might be good to make sure that, at least to start with, the
people who are signing up are, in fact, prepared to keep up.

Re: Mentor commitment check?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since we have some new proposals in flight, I was wondering about
> finding some polite way to ask proposed champions and mentors about
> their level of time commitment...

We could simply ask mentors to indicate on the proposal page how many
hours per week the think they can and need to dedicate to the podling
- at least as a statement of intention.

-Bertrand

Re: Mentor commitment check?

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Benson,

Here's one from me -- Apache Climate Toolkit -- am on board and here.

Cheers,
Chris