Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Peter Svensson <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/22 17:31:35 UTC

ujax ponderings

Hi all,

I've now managed to compile and install the stand-alone version of
microsling from the repo. Very well polished process. I'm very impressed :)
Now, I'm trying out some moves with the ujax.js library which a friendly
soul has provided, to see if I can grok more what it is doing.

I've done the following;

1) I've run the ujax-test from the Sling start page, which ran OK
2) I've seen that a new directory under my mountpoint is created, called
ujax-test.
3) I try to do the following in my html-based client;

var root = ujax.getContent("/ujax-test");
            console.log("root ujax node is "+root);
            console.dir(root);

And I get an empty object, because;

22.01.2008 22:46:56 *INFO * MicroslingResourceResolver: Path '/ujax-
test.json' does not resolve to an Item (MicroslingResourceResolver.java,
line 363)

And I wonder what I'm missing.  Thankful for help,

Cheers,
PS

Re: ujax ponderings

Posted by Peter Svensson <ps...@gmail.com>.
Well, now that I understand what crx is, it feels a bit more OK :) This is
apparently the evolution of the project which Sling forked from to become an
Apache project.
One positive thing is that it has massive documentation, very much geared
towards using Java/JEE as a client to JCR/CRX, but still containing good
info.

I've not been able to install it yet, though. It seems unable to reach its
admin interface.

Cheers,
PS

Re: ujax ponderings

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.

Re: ujax ponderings

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
If you mind using a commercial tool, there is also an open-source
project that offers a web-based JCR explorer/browser like the one in
CRX as well:

http://www.jcr-explorer.org/

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: ujax ponderings

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com>.
hi peter,

Re: ujax ponderings

Posted by Peter Svensson <ps...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I'm installing it right now. But it feels kind of odd to use a
commercial product to be able to understand an Apache project :) Don't get
me wrong, though. I'll use it to try to understand how things work, but am I
allowed to use things in ujax and copy them to my Sling installation? How
does CRX relate to Sling?

Thanks!

Chers,
PS