Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by frame <xs...@yahoo.com> on 2012/05/31 14:54:58 UTC

will big revision number slow subversion performance?

Hi:

Suppose we have two exactly same subversion repository trees, one which
HEAD is at revision 9000 and one which HEAD is only at revision 100. Is the
one with low revision number performs faster? Or should be no difference?

the performance, I mean "svn update", "svn commit" etc.

Thank you.

Re: will big revision number slow subversion performance?

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag frame,
am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012 um 14:54 schrieben Sie:

> Suppose we have two exactly same subversion repository trees, one which
> HEAD is at revision 9000 and one which HEAD is only at revision 100. Is the
> one with low revision number performs faster? Or should be no difference?

There shouldn't be any difference because in commits and updates the
main impact comes from the content committed/updated and the hardware
of your server, but not all already committed revisions.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de

Telefon.............030-2 1001-310
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AG Hanover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow