Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2011/12/18 19:38:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release jena-2.7.0-incubating (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following as
   Apache Jena version 2.7.0-incubating

This will be the first incubator release for Jena at Apache.

== Overview

Jena is a Java framework for building Semantic Web applications. Jena
provides a collection of tools and Java libraries to help to develop
semantic web and linked-data apps, tools and servers.

Jena is composed of a number of modules.  Historically, they have been
released semi-independently, sort of "flying in formation", not as a
single unit.  We intend to switch to a more integrated build process and
we want to create the time to do that by making this first Apache
release with a hybrid of the way we used to do it and a more integrated
build.

For this first release, we need to release several modules at once as
none have been released at Apache before.  Our apologies for the extra
checking work this results in.  It also makes building everything from
scratch involve more steps than an integrated build would do.

Jena is delivered as maven artifacts for the jar for each module.  It is
also delivered as zip file containing all the jars and their
dependencies so users have a "download and unpack" option.

The version number of the release aligns with the main artifact and the
packaged download.  Different modules have different version numbers.

Detailed version numbers:

jena-top      0-incubating        Parent POM
jena-iri      0.9.0-incubating    IRI parsing library
jena-core     2.7.0-incubating    Main Jena APIs for RDF and OWL.
jena-arq      2.9.0-incubating    SPARQL query engine.
apache-jena   2.7.0-incubating    Download, with all dependencies.

== Project vote

Apache archives:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-jena-dev/201112.mbox/%3C4EEDE5F6.1070409%40apache.org%3E

Markmail:
http://markmail.org/message/dob5hsk46ldqkqt4

== Maven staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-334/

== Proposed dist/ area:
http://people.apache.org/~andy/dist-apache-jena-2.7.0-incubating-RC-1/

== Keys
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/dist/KEYS

== SVN tags

Each module is currently tagged with the version and "-RC-1" to denote
the first release candidate for this release cycle.  If voted on
successfully, the tag will be changed ("svn mv") to the same but minus
the "-RC-1".

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/JenaTop/tags/jena-top-0-incubating-RC-1/

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/IRI/tags/jena-iri-0.9.0-incubating-RC-1/

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/jena/tags/jena-core-2.7.0-incubating-RC-1/

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/ARQ/tags/jena-arq-2.9.0-incubating-RC-1/

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/JenaZip/tags/apache-jena-2.7.0-incubating-RC-1/

== Website

Including details of this proposed release:
   http://jena.staging.apache.org/jena/

Please vote on this release:

   [ ] +1 Approve the release of Apache Jena 2.7.0-incubating
   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This vote will be open until:
   Wednesday 21/December 23:59 UTC
(72 hours from the same hour tonight).

As well as the vote, we'd also appreciate any feedback for improving our
release process and project generally.

     Andy

Re: Fwd: [VOTE] Release jena-2.7.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

I have no idea why - it was sent from the same account as I use for all
Apache email but I don't send to g@i.a.o very often.

This sets the deadline back a day.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201112.mbox/%3C4EEF0100.4010508%40apache.org%3E