Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Oleg Bogatiryov <ol...@ctco.lv> on 2017/02/20 07:31:40 UTC

Ctakes relation extraction

Hello to everyone.

I am pleased to join the group.

I am trying to extract relation from the document.

Ideally I'd like to get the graph or tree of dependencies/relations from
the clinical documents.

Could you please let me know how can I achieve it ?

I am able to run CVD and RelationExtractorAggregate analysis engine but
there is no useful information

in results that can be used in order to build a relation graph.

Thanks in advance,

Oleg.

Re: Ctakes relation extraction

Posted by "Dligach, Dmitriy" <dd...@luc.edu>.
Hi Oleg,

You may want to look into learning about UIMA and UIMAFIT.

Once you are somewhat comfortable with these frameworks, take a look at the package:

ctakes/ctakes-relation-extractor/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/pipelines/

There are several pipelines that may work for you (e.g. take a look at RelationExtractorPipeline.java). Many of them should generate XMI files which contain the relation annotations you are looking for. Once you have generated the XMI files, you can parse them using UIMAFIT. E.g. take a look at RelationAnnotationViewer.java which you should use as an example.

Hope this helps!

Dima

> On Feb 24, 2017, at 03:07, Oleg Bogatiryov <ol...@ctco.lv> wrote:
>
> Hi Dmitriy.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I am not sure how can I extract location_of and degree_of.
> AggregateTemplateFiller doesn't return anything in CVD as well as
> TemporalAggregatePipeline.
> There is BinaryTextRelation class that as I understand should fill in
> relations but no data is displayed.
>
> I was trying to execute RelationExtractorPipelineSingleCas but it doesn't
> print anything related to relations.
>
> Could you please help me with extraction of relations from the med text ?
>
> As I am a new to ctakes and uima could you please provide step to step
> instructions and exact classes to use.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Oleg.

So you\u2019ll need to run both and collect all annotated relations from the the

Posted by "Dligach, Dmitriy" <dd...@luc.edu>.
Hi Oleg,

Posted by "Abramowitsch, Peter" <pa...@hearst.com>.
Agree completely with Guergana.  The causality annotations reflect only
semantics.  In no way do they reflect "truth" for any given patient.
However, these relations can be used to acquire data for statistical
purposes - for instance to reveal that % of lipid panels that were
conducted to rule out xyz.

Peter

Posted by "Abramowitsch, Peter" <pa...@hearst.com>.