Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Madtyn <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/03 23:14:18 UTC

Re: Newbie questiones

   I'm experimenting and trying all kinds of things and I think the
problem I have is when passing Enums to the EventContext. Although I
do before the Enum -> String conversion and then set the String value
in the destination page and return as a String  in the onPassivate,
when I get the String value before converting it to Enum again, this
makes something fail.

   I can't understand why it did work when I didn't used the
EventContext and why it does fail now.

   Anyone does know about an efficient way to pass the Enums from the
select component on the first page to the EventContext to the second
injected page?

   I know I could use a @Persist annotation, but it involves some
details I would prefer avoiding. Some sample code would be great.

Thanks to everyone

RE: Newbie questiones

Posted by Martin Torre Castro <ma...@hotmail.com>.

   The more probable thing is that I am the dumb. When I tried before to do it, it was failing but maybe it was another thing and I got confused and thought that Enums couldn't be passed to another pages.

   I was thinking until this evening (I read something about it somewhere) that only primitive types, theirs wrappers and String could be passed and that you had to convert the Date, Calendar and Enum objects. By your answer, I guess I was wrong. Could you please confirm it to me? Which are the no-conversion-types and the another ones?

> From: josmar52789@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:45:31 -0400
> Subject: Re: Newbie questiones
> To: users@tapestry.apache.org
>
> Maybe this is a dumb question, but why can't you just pass the Enum instead
> of converting to a String, then passing, the reconverting back to Enum?
>

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you trying to pass the value of a Select to another page?
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Madtyn <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>   I'm experimenting and trying all kinds of things and I think the
> >> problem I have is when passing Enums to the EventContext. Although I
> >> do before the Enum -> String conversion and then set the String value
> >> in the destination page and return as a String  in the onPassivate,
> >> when I get the String value before converting it to Enum again, this
> >> makes something fail.
> >>
> >>   I can't understand why it did work when I didn't used the
> >> EventContext and why it does fail now.
> >>

> >>   Anyone does know about an efficient way to pass the Enums from the
> >> select component on the first page to the EventContext to the second
> >> injected page?
> >>
> >>   I know I could use a @Persist annotation, but it involves some
> >> details I would prefer avoiding. Some sample code would be great.
> >>
> >> Thanks to everyone

> > --
> > _________________________________
> >
> > Joshua S. Martin
> >

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s),
> > contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney
> > client or other legal privileges, and or proprietary non public information.
> > If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized
> > assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to
> > this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination,
> > distribution, or reproduction of this message and or any of its attachments
> > (if any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
> >

> --
> _________________________________
>
> Joshua S. Martin
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s),
> contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney
> client or other legal privileges, and or proprietary non public information.
> If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized
> assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to
> this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination,
> distribution, or reproduction of this message and or any of its attachments
> (if any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

Descárgate Internet Explorer 8 ¡Y gana gratis viajes con Spanair!
http://www.vivelive.com/spanair

Re: Newbie questiones

Posted by Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Newbie questiones