Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/23 14:00:00 UTC

Arrow 0.7.0 release timeline

hi all,

I would like to push for a 0.7.0 release candidate roughly 2 weeks for
now, so shortly after the US Labor Day holiday.

The release page on JIRA is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARROW/versions/12341141

I have not very carefully curated these JIRAs, so I will make a pass
through when I can and remove anything in my purview (C++ and Python)
that does not seem like a "must do" or "stretch goal" for the release.
If there is any work you would like to see go into the next release,
can you update JIRA accordingly (adding a Fix Version or creating new
issues)?

Thanks!
Wes

Re: Arrow 0.7.0 release timeline

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I just put a patch up for the last 0.7.0 issue in the milestone
(ARROW-1459). If no other issues arise , I will plan to cut an RC
tomorrow once the outstanding 0.7.0 PRs are merged. Please let me know
if there's anything additional that needs to get done.

Release milestone:

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
From the look of the JIRA milestone, we should be in position to cut

Posted by Li Jin <ic...@gmail.com>.