Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2011/12/07 14:36:06 UTC

Stack overflow with features-maven-plugin 2.2.4

I recently updated from Karaf 2.2.3 to Karaf 2.2.4. I ususally use the
features-maven-plugin from the current Karaf version. I therefore started
to use version 2.2.4 of the features-maven-plugin. However, I get stack
overflow using that version which has forced me to revert back to version
2.2.3. I still use version 2.2.4 of Karaf though.

Anyone else seen this?

It is clearly a recursive problem. I get the following stack trace from my
build:

*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError*
* at sun.misc.JarIndex.get(JarIndex.java:154)*
* at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.java:787)*
* at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.java:765)*
* at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.findResource(URLClassPath.java:735)*
* at sun.misc.URLClassPath.findResource(URLClassPath.java:146)*
* at java.net.URLClassLoader$2.run(URLClassLoader.java:385)*
* at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)*
* at java.net.URLClassLoader.findResource(URLClassLoader.java:382)*
* at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadResourceFromSelf(ClassRealm.java:434)
*
* at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.getResource(SelfFirstStrategy.java:64)
*
* at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.findResource(ClassRealm.java:268)
*
* at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(ClassLoader.java:1002)*
* at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(ClassLoader.java:1192)*
* at javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport$4.run(SecuritySupport.java:96)*
* at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)*
* at
javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport.getResourceAsStream(SecuritySupport.java:89)
*
* at
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.findJarServiceProvider(FactoryFinder.java:250)
*
* at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:223)*
* at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:123)
*
* at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo$Repository.loadFeatures(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:422)
*
* at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo$Repository.getFeatures(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:386)
*
* at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.retrieveDescriptorsRecursively(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:228)
*
* at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.retrieveDescriptorsRecursively(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:233)
*
* at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.retrieveDescriptorsRecursively(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:233)
*
* at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.retrieveDescriptorsRecursively(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:233)
*
*....*

/Bengt

Re: Stack overflow with features-maven-plugin 2.2.4

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
OK - thanks for your help,

/Bengt

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I think you introduced a cycle as each features XML depends of the others.

It's an expected behavior.

Regards
JB

On 12/22/2011 02:04 PM, Bengt Rodehav wrote:
> JB,
>
> I removed the standard and enterprise descriptors - didn't help. But
> then I also removed the following line from my features.xml:
> /<repository>mvn:se.digia.seco/karaf/${project.version}/xml/features</repository>/
>
> Then it worked. Maybe I've misunderstood the meaning of this tag. What
> is it for? It does seem to cause an endless loop. Maybe a JIRA should
> still be created for that problem even though it now works for me?
>
> /Bengt
>
> 2011/12/21 Bengt Rodehav <bengt@rodehav.com <ma...@rodehav.com>>
>
>     Thanks JB - will try ASAP.
>

>     /Bengt
>

>     2011/12/21 jbonofre <jb@nanthrax.net <ma...@nanthrax.net>>
>
>         Hi Bengt,
>
>         Some comments about your features:
>
>         1/ in the skist-feature-repos, you define features for
>         aries-jta, aries-jpa,
>         etc. It's not required as Karaf enterprise features already
>         provide it (you
>         can refer directly to that).
>         2/ In your POM, in the descriptors set, you define Karaf
>         standard and
>         enterprise descriptors. It's no more required (it's performed
>         implicitly by
>         the features-maven-plugin).
>
>         Could you make a try by removing the Karaf standard and enterprise
>         descriptors ?
>
>         Thanks
>         Regards
>         JB
>
>         --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Stack overflow with features-maven-plugin 2.2.4

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
JB,

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Thanks JB - will try ASAP.

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Bengt,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Stack overflow with features-maven-plugin 2.2.4

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Bengt,

could you provide your features XML ?

Regards