Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com> on 2010/07/30 17:44:25 UTC

Release 9.04 and version #s

Hello List:

I've noticed in recent distributions of OFBiz 9.04 (as available on the
main download site http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html) that there
doesn't seem to be any indication of the OFBiz version anywhere. Am I
overlooking something, or has this information been removed and no
longer available for these downloads?

TIA
Ruth

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi BJ:
No doubt fixes are being made and applied. That really isn't my point.
My point is that this makes it almost impossible for a user such as
myself to report bugs. Certainly the challenges to reporting problems
get more impressive as time goes on. (You and others on this list might
ask yourselves - so, who is reporting bugs? Just developers and committers?)
Anyhow, thanks again for confirming this for me.
Regards,
Ruth

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@hlmksw.com>
> Ruth,
>
> You should be careful about shaking your head - something might fall out.

:D

Jacques

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
just a note
if you report based on the svn of the 9.04 you will probably be ask to
verify against the current branch of 9.04 to see if it still exist.
and the patch you submit would have to be the against the current branch.

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 7/30/2010 9:58 AM:

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Adrian:

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by Wai <bz...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

I have a suggestion.  It might be helpful if the svn revision# and/or tag
become part of the filename itself.

For nightly builds, the filename could be:
apache-ofbiz-build-somesvnrevisionnumber.zip
For official releases, the filename could be: apache-ofbiz-sometagname.zip,
    where a tagname is created in svn to mark the revision that is used in
the release.
    where tagname=RELEASE_majorversion#_minorversion#_maintversion#

This way, a user or developer could use the information to identify the
precise revision to confirm/resolve bugs, and so forth.

Thanks,
Wai

Re: Release 9.04 and version #s

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.