Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/18 05:40:02 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bouncycastle/asn1/pkcs/PrivateKeyInfo

Does WSS4J 1.6* have a dependency on a bouncycastle library?

The reason I ask is that we are running CXF 2.4.1 web services on a WLS 11
RHEL 5.5 machine with JDK 1.6.24 and in one environment my web services with
digital signatures (via WSS4J) they work and then in my other environment it
throws the following exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bouncycastle/asn1/pkcs/PrivateKeyInfo

Thanks...jay

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bouncycastle/asn1/pkcs/PrivateKeyInfo

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
BouncyCastle is optional. If you turn on debug level logging do you
see any error messages about installing the BouncyCastle provider?
What does your crypto.properties look like?

Colm.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 4:40 AM, jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does WSS4J 1.6* have a dependency on a bouncycastle library?
>
> The reason I ask is that we are running CXF 2.4.1 web services on a WLS 11
> RHEL 5.5 machine with JDK 1.6.24 and in one environment my web services with
> digital signatures (via WSS4J) they work and then in my other environment it
> throws the following exception:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bouncycastle/asn1/pkcs/PrivateKeyInfo
>
> Thanks...jay

Colm O hEigeartaigh

http://coheigea.blogspot.com/
Talend - http://www.talend.com