Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2009/09/22 20:24:25 UTC

Re: Disable Listing of Web-Services in Browser? | Deploying two CXFServlet instances?

On Tue September 22 2009 1:20:15 am Jens Meuller wrote:
> Hello CXF Users,
>
> I would be very greatful for your help regarding my two Questions:
>
> 1. When installing CXF in Tomcat as a Servlet, calling the "Default-Path"
>  of the Servlet results in a list of all installed Web-Services (alonge
>  with a link to the WSDL). Some of my Web-Services are "private" and I do
>  not want to have them included in this List. Is there any possibilty to
>  configure, which installed WebServices will be listed there and which not?
>  Where and how do I have to configure this?

You can completely disable the service list page.   An init param of:
hide-service-list-page set to true
will completely disable the page.

> 2. Would it be possible to deploy the CXFServlet two ore more times in a
> Web-Application?
>
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>CXFServlet1</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>
>         org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet
>     </servlet-class>
>   </servlet>
> AND
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>CXFServlet2</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>
>         org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet
>     </servlet-class>
>   </servlet>

I've never really tried this, but it SHOULD work providing you provide a
unique  config-location for each of them.   Like I said, never really tried it
though.

> Or will this result in dangerous behaviour (race conditions etc) as it is
> not intended to have two instances (with different url/path mappings)
> installed in the Servlet Container? (My Idea was to use one instance only
> for the internal Webservices and another one for the Webservices that are
> intended for the public.

Having them in separate WAR's would definitely work.   Just not sure about in
the same war.    If you have  a problem, please create a small test  case and
log a jira.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org