Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2016/06/12 20:40:44 UTC

Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing (Take 2)

Hi to all Maven users,

based on the issues which have been found with the first one here is
another chance to help .

It would be nice if those who have found issues to retest their scenarios.

Is someone of you willing to do some testing on the current state of
development for the upcoming Maven 3.4.0 release?

Please be aware of this *** This is not an official release ***

I have created downloadable packages which are available from here:

Windows: https://s.apache.org/bnAi,
Linux: https://s.apache.org/TrbK

Every kind of feedback is helpful.

This is only a current state of development (Git hash:
92334a1dd9f2f3df77b3c039be7742ea19a8ee81) to get some feedback from the
community...

The current list of changes can be seen in the issue tracker:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MNG%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.4.0

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing (Take 2)

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I've built Log4j 2 and some HttpComponents pieces OK. The only problem is
building on top of Java 8 which encounters the BCEL on Java bug problem we
all know about.

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing (Take 2)

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
Hi Karl-Heinz,

I found another project I can't build with the latest snapshot of Maven.

Building it with Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT results in the following message

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:findbugs-maven-plugin:3.0.1:findbugs (findbugs) on
project tamaya-code: Unable to parse configuration of mojo
org.codehaus.mojo:findbugs-maven-plugin:3.0.1:findbugs for parameter
pluginArtifacts: Cannot assign configuration entry 'pluginArtifacts'
with value '${plugin.artifacts}' of type
java.util.Collections.UnmodifiableRandomAccessList to property of type
java.util.ArrayList -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

It is easily to reproduce it. You can get it from
http://tamaya.incubator.apache.org/source.html

BYe,

Oliver

Am 12.06.16 um 22:40 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Hi to all Maven users,
>
> based on the issues which have been found with the first one here is
> another chance to help .
>
> It would be nice if those who have found issues to retest their
> scenarios.
>
> Is someone of you willing to do some testing on the current state of
> development for the upcoming Maven 3.4.0 release?
>
> Please be aware of this *** This is not an official release ***
>
> I have created downloadable packages which are available from here:
>
> Windows: https://s.apache.org/bnAi,
> Linux: https://s.apache.org/TrbK
>

> Every kind of feedback is helpful.
>
> This is only a current state of development (Git hash:
> 92334a1dd9f2f3df77b3c039be7742ea19a8ee81) to get some feedback from
> the community...
>
> The current list of changes can be seen in the issue tracker:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MNG%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.4.0
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

N Oliver B. Fischer
A Sch�nhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany
P +49 30 44793251
M +49 178 7903538
E o.b.fischer@swe-blog.net
S oliver.b.fischer
J oliver.b.fischer@jabber.org
X http://xing.to/obf

Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing (Take 2)

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
I used it today at work without any problem. This snapshot is much
better than the previous one.

Posted by Eddú Meléndez Gonzales <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have ran the snapshot against sprin-boot open source project and
everything is ok. Hope more features.

Thanks for the early access :)

*Eddú Meléndez Gonzales*
*eddu.melendez@gmail.com* <ed...@gmail.com>
*@eddumelendez*

Posted by Ondřej Světlík <on...@svetlik.info>.
Dne 12.6.2016 v 22:40 Karl Heinz Marbaise napsal(a):
> Hi to all Maven users,
>
> based on the issues which have been found with the first one here is
> another chance to help .
>
> It would be nice if those who have found issues to retest their scenarios.
>
> Is someone of you willing to do some testing on the current state of
> development for the upcoming Maven 3.4.0 release?
>
> Please be aware of this *** This is not an official release ***
>
> I have created downloadable packages which are available from here:
>
> Windows: https://s.apache.org/bnAi,
> Linux: https://s.apache.org/TrbK
>

> Every kind of feedback is helpful.
>
> This is only a current state of development (Git hash:
> 92334a1dd9f2f3df77b3c039be7742ea19a8ee81) to get some feedback from the
> community...
>
> The current list of changes can be seen in the issue tracker:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MNG%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.4.0
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Hi there,

I tried to build/run our project and encountered no problems. I'm
keeping the snapshot active and will report if anything unusual happens.

With regards,

Ond\u0159ej

Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing (Take 2)

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
You need to build the snapshot version of maven-findbugs-plugin.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing (Take 2)

Posted by Anton Tanasenko <at...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that could work as well.

Posted by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it>.

Posted by Anton Tanasenko <at...@gmail.com>.
Yes, exactly. To be able to show markers at correct locations in an editor,
we need to know if a particular problem is sourced at this particular file.
Since early 2.x versions of this source was exactly one path to a file and
now it has changed.

So it would be really helpful to know what the new format is.

Posted by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it>.

Posted by Anton Tanasenko <at...@gmail.com>.
Christian? Anyone?

> I've tried running m2eclipse tests with 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT maven. There are
> several failures.
>
> 1. src/x/resources-filtered addition, which we will need to adhere to when
> 3.4.0 gets released.
>
> 2.
> https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/508e16e23d66de09893d1eb52dff6a1c5ca019b3#diff-9cdcbb55d918f0d251c34a5e2fd863e8R168
> The change above causes the source to have the path to the pom.xml
> duplicated, in my test case it's
> "D:\work\eclipse\eclipse-rcp-mars-sr1\ws2\test\testproject\pom.xml
> [D:\work\eclipse\eclipse-rcp-mars-sr1\ws2\test\testproject\pom.xml]"
> M2e is looking at this source when generating error markers for pom files
> in the workspace and with 3.4 it's not doing it correctly, since the value
> is no longer one single path.
> Can somebody describe what possible values could this new "X [Y]" format
> contain when X and Y are not the same?
>
> There are more failures, but I'll need to look at them more closely.

>> Hi to all Maven users,
>>
>> based on the issues which have been found with the first one here is
>> another chance to help .
>>
>> It would be nice if those who have found issues to retest their scenarios.
>>
>> Is someone of you willing to do some testing on the current state of
>> development for the upcoming Maven 3.4.0 release?
>>
>> Please be aware of this *** This is not an official release ***
>>
>> I have created downloadable packages which are available from here:
>>
>> Windows: https://s.apache.org/bnAi,
>> Linux: https://s.apache.org/TrbK
>>

>> Every kind of feedback is helpful.
>>
>> This is only a current state of development (Git hash:
>> 92334a1dd9f2f3df77b3c039be7742ea19a8ee81) to get some feedback from the
>> community...
>>
>> The current list of changes can be seen in the issue tracker:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MNG%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.4.0
>>

>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise

> Regards,
> Anton.

Anton.

Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing (Take 2)

Posted by Anton Tanasenko <at...@gmail.com>.
I've tried running m2eclipse tests with 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT maven. There are
several failures.

1. src/x/resources-filtered addition, which we will need to adhere to when
3.4.0 gets released.

2.
https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/508e16e23d66de09893d1eb52dff6a1c5ca019b3#diff-9cdcbb55d918f0d251c34a5e2fd863e8R168
The change above causes the source to have the path to the pom.xml
duplicated, in my test case it's
"D:\work\eclipse\eclipse-rcp-mars-sr1\ws2\test\testproject\pom.xml
[D:\work\eclipse\eclipse-rcp-mars-sr1\ws2\test\testproject\pom.xml]"
M2e is looking at this source when generating error markers for pom files
in the workspace and with 3.4 it's not doing it correctly, since the value
is no longer one single path.
Can somebody describe what possible values could this new "X [Y]" format
contain when X and Y are not the same?

There are more failures, but I'll need to look at them more closely.

> Hi to all Maven users,
>
> based on the issues which have been found with the first one here is
> another chance to help .
>
> It would be nice if those who have found issues to retest their scenarios.
>
> Is someone of you willing to do some testing on the current state of
> development for the upcoming Maven 3.4.0 release?
>
> Please be aware of this *** This is not an official release ***
>
> I have created downloadable packages which are available from here:
>
> Windows: https://s.apache.org/bnAi,
> Linux: https://s.apache.org/TrbK
>

> Every kind of feedback is helpful.
>
> This is only a current state of development (Git hash:
> 92334a1dd9f2f3df77b3c039be7742ea19a8ee81) to get some feedback from the
> community...
>
> The current list of changes can be seen in the issue tracker:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MNG%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.4.0
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Anton.