Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Stephen Bannasch <st...@deanbrook.org> on 2008/05/07 22:22:27 UTC

fyi: rdoc error with jruby install

FYI:

I'm getting an rdoc error installing buildr in trunk JRuby (r6633),
Installing on MRI in MacOS 10.5.2 works fine:

$ jruby -S gem install buildr
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
Updating metadata for 3 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org/
complete
Successfully installed net-ssh-1.1.4
Successfully installed buildr-1.3.0-java
2 gems installed
Installing ri documentation for net-ssh-1.1.4...
Installing ri documentation for buildr-1.3.0-java...

RDoc failure in lib/java/nailgun.rb at or around line 237 column 40

Before reporting this, could you check that the file
you're documenting compiles cleanly--RDoc is not a
full Ruby parser, and gets confused easily if fed
invalid programs.

The internal error was:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
     undefined method `add_require' for nil:NilClass

Re: fyi: rdoc error with jruby install

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Stephen Bannasch <
stephen.bannasch@deanbrook.org> wrote:

> FYI:
>
> I'm getting an rdoc error installing buildr in trunk JRuby (r6633),
> Installing on MRI in MacOS 10.5.2 works fine:
>
> $ jruby -S gem install buildr
> Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
> Updating metadata for 3 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org/
> complete
> Successfully installed net-ssh-1.1.4
> Successfully installed buildr-1.3.0-java
> 2 gems installed
> Installing ri documentation for net-ssh-1.1.4...
> Installing ri documentation for buildr-1.3.0-java...
>

> RDoc failure in lib/java/nailgun.rb at or around line 237 column 40
>
> Before reporting this, could you check that the file
> you're documenting compiles cleanly--RDoc is not a
> full Ruby parser, and gets confused easily if fed
> invalid programs.

This works on JRuby 1.1.1 (r6555), and if I remember correctly also worked
or me on JRuby 1.1.0, so it might be a regression issue.

Assaf