Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/08 12:29:43 UTC

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] TinkerPop 3.0.1-incubating Release

This vote is now closed. The results are:

BINDING VOTES:

+1 (4 -- Marko, Daniel K, Stephen, Daniel G)
0   (0)
-1  (0)

NON-BINDING VOTES:

+1 (2 -- Pieter [sqlg], Dan L [titan])
0  (0)
-1 (0)

Thanks for taking the time to vote....we will now hand the [VOTE] over to
Incubators.

Regards,

Stephen

Posted by Dylan Millikin <dy...@gmail.com>.
I may be wrong as I don't remember the full line of discussion around this
topic, but if I'm not mistaken it was agreed to diverge a bit from the
semver standard. Keeping the version to 3 (for TP3). Thus making 3.1.0 a
MAJOR version and 3.0.1 a MINOR version. I'm not so sure about PATCH
versions though.
And marko replied as I was typing.

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Is the semver standard an Apache requirement?

If not, then I believe it should be up to the PMC to decide the versioning. Given that 3 of the 4 PMC members voted for the release, I would conclude that they are satisfied with it at 3.0.1 and are now looking for the mentors (or other Apache "binders") to provide a VOTE on the integrity of the release artifacts.

Thank you,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Posted by Jonathan Schneider <jo...@netflix.com.INVALID>.