Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt <mh...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/03 19:58:10 UTC

Slightly OT: How to get Outlook To stop screwing messages up

Hi,
As much as I hate Outlook, I have to support it.. ugh..

Is there anyway to get the full source and message, from outlook
without having to view source, then view headers?  I want the full
untainted source as I can get from other quality mail programs like
mozilla, and thunderbird.

Re: Slightly OT: How to get Outlook To stop screwing messages up

Posted by Matt <mh...@gmail.com>.
Yeah that views the headers.. the problem is that to get the un-munged
message in raw format you can't touch the header/body combo and need
to get it as is.

Posted by "Jason J. Ellingson" <ja...@ellingson.com>.
That's a new one for me.  Cool.

I tested it out.  And sure enough... shut down Outlook 2003, made the
registry hack for Outlook 2003 it suggested, started Outlook 2003,
downloaded new emails and VOILA!  When you view the "headers", it now shows
the complete original email source... looks like the pristine source!
Jason J Ellingson
Technical Consultant

615.301.1682 : nashville
612.605.1132 : minneapolis

www.ellingson.com
jason@ellingson.com

Posted by Raquel Rice <ra...@thericehouse.net>.

Posted by Dan Barker <db...@visioncomm.net>.
Closest you can get is Open the message (ugh!), Actions, Resend this
message, Yes, change to your sa-learn mailbox (I guess that's where you want
it), and hit send, then delete the original.

That's supposed to retain as much of the headers as possible. You can get
the same effect without opening it tho. I have a macro to do it without the
need to view the spam/porn, but you have to wait 5 seconds between each
selection to hit a Yes dialog. It's better, but not ideal.

Sample headers.

Original:

From: "CaravanSheet Services" <Se...@CaravanSheet.com>
To: dbarker@visioncomm.net
Subject: www.CaravanSheet.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:49:35 -0500

<HTML>
 <HEAD>
  <STYLE>

Macro Spam:

From: "Dan Barker" <db...@visioncomm.net>
To: "spam" <su...@visioncomm.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:50:58 -0500

<HTML>
 <HEAD>
  <STYLE>

Changes:

  from: text/html; charset=us-ascii
    to: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

Mime:
  from: Mime-Version: 1.0
    to: MIME-Version: 1.0

Date, From <, From:, To: and Message-ID all change.

Importance, X-MimeOLE:, X-MSMail-Priority and X-Priority: gets inserted.

Subject and message body are untouched. Depending on what your purpose is
(mine's training Bayes), this may do.

Dan Barker

Spam Macro source:

Sub Spam()
 Dim objExplorer As Outlook.Explorer
 Dim objMailItem As Outlook.MailItem
 Dim objNewMailItem As Outlook.MailItem
 Dim intItem As Integer
 Set objExplorer = Application.ActiveExplorer
 For Each objMailItem In objExplorer.Selection
  objMailItem.To = "susan@visioncomm.net"
  objMailItem.Send
 Next objMailItem
End Sub

I have this assigned to a button on a toolbar. Select all the False
Negatives, hit the button, and click OK a bunch of times with 5 seconds for
coffee in between each.

Posted by marti <ma...@ntlworld.com>.
|As much as I hate Outlook, I have to support it.. ugh..
|
|Is there anyway to get the full source and message, from
|outlook without having to view source, then view headers?  I
|want the full untainted source as I can get from other quality
|mail programs like mozilla, and thunderbird.

This plugin for outlook should do what u want
http://www.daesoft.com/SpamSource/ its mainly for sending untainted reports
to spamcop but also has a copy to clipboard feature.

Martin