Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Ameya Advankar <aa...@umail.iu.edu> on 2017/03/25 19:11:04 UTC

Web-based user interface for Group Management

Hello dev,

Based on this Discussion
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/89eb681abea8f23e60149126747194f5e6ed88a624ebc42d353307b4@%3Cdev.airavata.apache.org%3E>
initiated by Eldho, there is a requirement for a Web-based UI for Group
Management which could be integrated into the PGA (web portal).
I and Eldho had a discussion on this topic and below is the high level
Architecture of what we propose to implement -

[image: Inline image 2]

   - PHP

The sharing registry is exposed as a Thrift service and we would be using
the PHP layer to make these endpoints available as-is over REST to be
consumed by the UI.

   - jQuery

We would be using jQuery based UI to make calls to the REST interface
exposed in the PHP layer. At the moment, we have decided to keep the UI
separate from the PHP layer, and these will only interact over REST calls,
to make it easy to plug the UI into other non-PHP Web Portals later.

Ameya Advankar
Masters in Computer Science,
Indiana University Bloomington

Re: Web-based user interface for Group Management

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Eldho,

I think only the group management part is needed. The other aspects are already taken care of by the sharing registry.

Thanks,

Marcus

Posted by Eldho Mathulla <el...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dev,
Based on my discussion with Ameya, we have decided on the basic structure
of the UIs based on the use cases.

In total there would be 4 main sections:
1) Domain
2) Entities
3) Groups
4) Users
For each of the 4 section, multiple views will be created as shown below.
[image: Inline image 4]