Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephan Niedermeier <st...@gmx.de> on 2008/11/30 19:18:01 UTC

assembly + moduleSet + war = Only jars copied to output folder, but not war

Hi,

I have the following project structure:

- parent (type=pom)
- module-webapp (type=war)
- module-client (type=jar)

After executing the assembly goal I would like to have this structure:

app
  +-- lib
  +-- webapp

Into lib should go all the dependencies of module-client + the
module-client.jar itself. This works fine.

Into webapp, the whole exploded war of module-webapp should go into.
This is not working as expected. Instead of copying over the whole
exploded war into the webapp folder, it copies only the dependecy jars
to this location. Is there any flag I have to set in order to indicate
that this is an war archive?

Below is a simplyfied version of my maven configuration.

The parent pom:

<project ...>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>myGroupId</groupId>
  <artifactId>parent</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>

  <packaging>pom</packaging>

  <modules>
    <module>../module-webapp</module>
    <module>../module-client</module>
  </modules>

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <descriptors>
            <descriptor>src/main/assembly/assembly-bin.xml</descriptor>
          </descriptors>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

The parent pom points to this assembly descriptor (assembly-bin.xml):

<assembly>
    <id>bin</id>
    <formats>
        <format>dir</format>
    </formats>
    <moduleSets>
        <moduleSet>
            <includes>
                <include>myGroupId:module-webapp:war</include>
            </includes>
            <binaries>
                <outputDirectory>webapp</outpiutDirectory>
                <unpack>false</unpack>
            </binaries>
        </moduleSet>
        <moduleSet>
            <includes>
                <include>myGroupId:module-client</include>
            </includes>
            <binaries>
                <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
                <unpack>false</unpack>