Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Howard Fear <hs...@pooh.pageplus.com> on 1996/06/07 06:06:07 UTC

linux core dumps

Hey all,

I've finally tracked down the persistant core dumps we were experiencing
on Linux.  Attached is a patch for 1.0.5.  I'll do one for 1.1 later
tonight.

The problem is in mod_include.c.  The macro that reads the file
fcloses a pfopen'ed file.  This results in closing the file twice,
once during the fclose and again during the resource cleanup.
This apparently sends the linux libc.5.3.x fclose into a SIGSEGV,
its not smart enough to realize that the fd has already been closed.

This happens for every page served through mod_include.  This can be
a serious problem for sites that set up the include handler for
.html files.

--
Howard Fear      email1: howard_fear@pageplus.com
                 email2: howard_fear@stortek.com