Posted to user@ant.apache.org by murthy gandikota <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/20 20:45:42 UTC

help with exclude patterns

<copy todir="bin" overwrite="true" includeEmptyDirs="false" failonerror="false">
                        <fileset dir="/a/bin">
                                <exclude name="*/**/*"/>
                        </fileset>
  </copy>

Can someone please tell me how to interpret the asterisk?

TIA
Murthy

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Mail

RE: help with exclude patterns

Posted by Shweta Bodade <sh...@in.ness.com>.
<copy todir="${CATALINA_HOME}\jade\WEB-INF">
				    <fileset dir="**/*.clases "/>
		</copy>

Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the MailAdmin@in.ness.com and destroy the original message. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Ness has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, and accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted in this email.  Ness reserves the rights to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this E-mail address, and store them on the Ness E-mail system.

RE: help with exclude patterns

Posted by murthy gandikota <mu...@yahoo.com>.
Please see my response below.

bill/wilandra <bi...@wilandra.com> wrote: dirtasks: http://ant.apache.org/manual/dirtasks.html
fileset:  http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/fileset.html

What is it you want to accomplish?

Bill

I want to know what the exclude pattern in my post accomplishes. I checked the URL's and they all have **/* pattern but not */**/* pattern.

Thanks!

Posted by bill/wilandra <bi...@wilandra.com>.

bill/wilandra <bi...@wilandra.com> wrote: Both the fileset and dirtasks

Posted by murthy gandikota <mu...@yahoo.com>.