Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Chuck McParland <cp...@lbl.gov> on 2001/05/23 18:38:00 UTC

Access denied on /users by /users/guest....

Apologies if this comes through more than once......

Hi,
    I remember a recent discussion on this mailing list about
conflicts between tomcat and slide user lists.  I've been
trying to get access to my tomcat/slide servlet using the
default slide web.xml and Domain.xml config files (so
security lines remain commented out) and get:

"Access denied on /users by user /users/guest for action
/action/read..."

when I try to access http://mynode:8080/slide using the latest
release of DAVExplorer.  The 8080 port is to bypass apache
(at least for the moment).  I expect that, without security turned
on, slide is defaulting the user to /user/guest; but I don't see
where such a default user is specified.  Just can't seem to
recall what the resolution of this problem turned out to be.   Is
there an active archive for these messages?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck McParland

Re: Access denied on /users by /users/guest....

Posted by Chuck McParland <cp...@lbl.gov>.
Hi,
    I'm trying to get the default Slide installation running for
evaluation and, being new to slide, I'm sure I have some
simple config problem in my settup. I'm guessing that there
is a conflict between tomcat's (ver 3.2.1) and slide's (ver 1.0.9)
ideas of user/role.  (see below) This may be a tomcat issue; but I can't

find any info on how user/role is treated when there are no
security constraints for tomcat or slide (as, I believe, is the
case in both examples).  Any pointers?

Thanks
Chuck McParland