Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jp...@codemist.co.uk on 2006/08/28 15:17:32 UTC

FuzzyOcr seems to go nothing

I am sure I am doing something simply wrong, but I installed FuzzyOcr
2.3b and also updated to Spamassassin 3.1.2 from CPAN.  Lint is cool;
I have installed the packages mentioned in the INSTALL (this is on
Debian 3.1) and there are no error messages being generated.  However
the samples in the distribution do not mention anything to do with OCR
so I am assuming that I have failed to install correctly.  Any
suggestions as what might be missing?
==John ffitch

RE: FuzzyOcr seems to go nothing

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.

>>I am sure I am doing something simply wrong, but I installed FuzzyOcr
>>2.3b and also updated to Spamassassin 3.1.2 from CPAN.  Lint is cool;

BTW:
cat /etc/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.log

Gary V

Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE

RE: FuzzyOcr seems to go nothing

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>I am sure I am doing something simply wrong, but I installed FuzzyOcr
>2.3b and also updated to Spamassassin 3.1.2 from CPAN.  Lint is cool;
>I have installed the packages mentioned in the INSTALL (this is on
>Debian 3.1) and there are no error messages being generated.  However
>the samples in the distribution do not mention anything to do with OCR
>so I am assuming that I have failed to install correctly.  Any
>suggestions as what might be missing?
>==John ffitch

I created this Debian Sarge specific document Sunday, but it looks like it
still needs more work. I have now heard from
https://secure.renaissoft.com/maia/wiki/FuzzyOCR23
I will need to install libungif from source (and patch the source code):

http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/image_spam.html