Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Boris Milikič <bo...@mf-rs.si> on 2008/02/05 14:41:45 UTC

roller 4.0 Amazon public AMI

I submitted Amazon public AMI for roller 4.0
AMI ID: 	ami-e337d28a
AMI Manifest: 	roler4.0/image.manifest.xml

http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=116&externalID=1186&fromSearchPage=true

Boris

RE: roller 4.0 Amazon public AMI

Posted by Boris Milikič <bo...@mf-rs.si>.
Hi!

I have an idea to run a Roller site on S3, but my registrar is unable to set A record and specify alias or  CNAME for my amazon domain name. So I could access it only by amazon domain name, for example: http://ec2-67-202-5-162.z-1.compute-1.amazonaws.com/.
So I'm not running  it now on S3.

You have opened an account, generated and downloaded private and public key and downloaded their api tools.  It takes a day or two at the beginning. But later it takes few minutes to set up an instance und upload to S3.

I think It costs about $60 to run Roller as small instance on the Amazon grid for a month.
On their site is pricing  monthly calculator.
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2?ie=UTF8&node=201590011&no=3435361&me=A36L942TSJ2AJAmonthly
http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html?

Boris

ps.: mod_jk is not configured in this public image

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Are you using AWS to run a Roller site?

How hard is it to try this out?  And how much does it cost to run Roller on the Amazon grid this way?

- Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.