Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by surfshack66 <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/12 14:00:27 UTC

Re: Connection Error

I do not see the issue on my work laptop anymore if I use a different
(non-work) network. The antivirus/url filtering services were disabled, but
when I was on the corp network I received the same guac error, so it seems
those services weren't the issue.

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Connection Error

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:46 AM, surfshack66 <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm still having this issue where the connection drops
> (receive an error) due to the corporate network interfering. I don't
> understand how it could be or what to do now, but any help would be
> appreciated as I would love to get this working.

It's hard to say - it sounds to me like the connection is failing between
the Guacamole Server (guacd) and the RDP server, and not between the
Guacamole Client and the Guacamole Server.  I'm not certain about that,
it's just what I gather from the error you're getting.  I don't know if the
Guacamole Server is on the same subnet as the RDP server, or if it's
possible for you to move the Guacamole Server "closer" to the RDP server
(not physical proximity, just fewer hops/firewalls in between) and see if
that helps.  Without knowing what kind of firewalling/filtering is being
done across the network, types of links in place, etc., it's going to be
hard to pinpoint what's going on.

-Nick

Re: Connection Error