Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Holger Hoffstätte <ho...@wizards.de> on 2008/06/03 19:02:18 UTC

ClassDep platform dependencies (was Re: easy way to see fixed/resolved issues)

(this is about RIVER-203)

Mark Brouwer wrote:
> are working on it. With regard to your 2 sub-problems as mentioned in
> the comment of RIVER-203 I'm not sure whether you are thinking of
> changing the behavior of the output of ClassDep as is (when using the
> -files option), I don't have a clear view of how people expect it to
> behave but it seems that a platform specific output is what you want.

That was my questoin - it is not clear to me how and where the output is
consumed (probably ant/jar). In any case, it is only a single isolated
change so we can do whatever we want - either a unified /-style regardless
of platform or platform-native. As far as I can see the output does not
include absolute path information like e.g. drive letters, which ruin
everything anyway..

> So I would only fix #1, something else you might consider is the path
> separator used for the classpath (; versus :) as that one is currently
> tied to the OS as well.

That one is a JVM flag (-cp) and already accepts both / and \ but as you
said has different separators. It seems to me that fixing this would
require at least a new custom classpath flag and a custom classloader.

Holger